🚨🔫 CHARLOTTE MAN CHARGED IN DEADLY DOUBLE SHOOTING

POLICE SAY TWO MEN KILLED IN OAKWOOD ROAD ATTACK; SUSPECT FACES FIRST-DEGREE MURDER COUNTS

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — November 8, 2025. Police have arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with a double homicide earlier this month in north Charlotte, authorities confirmed Thursday.

According to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD), officers responded to reports of gunfire around 2:30 p.m. on November 2 along Oakwood Road, just off Statesville Avenue. When they arrived, they found Caleb Johnson, 23, and Prince Tribble, 32, suffering from gunshot wounds. Both men were pronounced dead at the scene.

Investigators said the shooting appeared to be an isolated incident, stressing that there was no ongoing threat to the community.

After several days of investigation, detectives identified Rodriguez Chambers, 22, as the suspect. CMPD officers arrested Chambers on Thursday, charging him with two counts of first-degree murder, discharging a firearm within city limits, possession of a firearm by a felon, and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

Chambers is being held at the Mecklenburg County Jail and is expected to make his first court appearance on Friday, November 7.

Police have not yet released a possible motive for the shooting or details about how Chambers was identified. Detectives continue to interview witnesses and review surveillance footage from nearby businesses.

CMPD encouraged anyone with additional information to contact Crime Stoppers anonymously.

The fatal shooting marks one of several violent incidents in Charlotte this fall, prompting renewed calls for gun safety measures and community policing initiatives.

Authorities said more updates will be provided as the investigation progresses.

For you